Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall House Tour

 

 
Welcome to our home! I love this time of year, and this fall is going to be extra special for our family, since we have our new baby girl scheduled to arrive on October 7!! We're going to have lots of visitors and houseguests in the next few months, so I wanted to make the house feel welcoming and warm and cozy.
 
 
The front porch is pretty simple, just some mums and pumpkins and a fall wreath (from Target last year).
 


In the living room and dining room, I decided to use greens and whites instead of the traditional fall colors. I had so many dried hydrangeas left from this summer that I wanted to use. I think there's definitely more of an autumn feel in here now, even though I didn't use traditional fall colors.



 
I swapped a lot of things out in the bookshelves. I'll share some more detailed pictures next week.
 







For a simple centerpiece for the dining room table, I just added a lantern, some plates, forks, and napkins, and green and white pumpkins to a rattan tray.
 


I didn't really add anything new for fall to the kitchen. My basil plant from the summer is still going strong! And the fridge is covered in finger paintings and sonogram pictures. Just keepin' it real.
 

The colors in the family room are a bit darker than in the rest of the house. This is our den- I wanted it to feel like a perfect place for snuggling up. I plan to spend many hours here in the next few months, cudding my baby girls.
 




I shared more pictures of my fall "mantel" last week.



This is the other side of the family room, which I think of as the playroom. I have something planned for the chalkboard wall, but for now it's serving as Allie's easel. She also picked out the pumpkin on her little table herself. She's very fond of her "pump". :)
 

 
This is a little shelf ledge by the back door.
 

 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Linking Up With

 




 

17 comments:

  1. Crazy.. I am due Oct. 7th! :-) Best of luck! I love your house its very pretty.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute home I love how you styled your book shelves! Great job.
    Lindsay @ www.countrygirlhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lové the mix of naturals and rich darker tones....the books look great reversed so the pages of tone on tone blend. It is a great room to snuggle in.

    Inspiring a calm coziness.

    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Every room is beautiful and so inviting. I would love for you to link up to Inspire Me that is ongoing now. www.astrollthrulife.net Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! GORGEOUS! I love your mix of fresh styling with traditional pieces. What a welcoming home! Please join TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS, my weekly linking going on now and share you beautiful fall home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful home! Love that mirror over the bookcase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A big hello from one Texas blogger to a Texas Girl in Philly! I found your site from StoneGable's linking party. All the neutrals look so refreshing.

    I am now following.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks great ! Love all the little touches...xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting, to know when you'll have your baby girl. Babies are so special and precious.
    I love your home, so neat, welcoming, warm, lots of neat things to look at as I went thru the photos. I like to take a quick look then go back for a more detailed look. see so many great ideas in people's homes. Found you on Inspiration Gallery Party 5. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hayley!
    Congratulations on the upcoming birth of a new baby! Your home tour was just lovely. Love your mix of lots of neutrals - so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration. Catherine (newest follower of your blogging adventures!) : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely home! Congratulations, too! Can I ask where you got the chandelier over the dining room table? I'm in love with it!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your colors there, so soft and inviting. Thanks for sharing with us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home is lovely! All the bookshelves are styled so nicely. Wishing you good health and lots of relaxing as you await your new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL! I really love the photos. Found you via Clean and Sensible feature. BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your style~your home looks beautiful. Adore the picture of your kitchen with the sonogram and finger paintings on your fridge...keep on keeping it real and congrats! Happy to be following along now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. coming over from your feature at craftberry bush-love the den and that chalkboard built in look. i'm from philly, about 20 mins south of the city, so I love discovering local bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun relaxing space and I love the color palette...neutrals all the way! Love! Thanks for sharing...found you via triple D's Inspiration Gallery! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete